what can i say instead of just checking in

Respond on social media. Hence, we can use it to simply ask for status updates, and its most effective if youre a boss who wants to learn more about the current projects undertaken by your staff. Heres a tip: Want to make sure your writing shines? I notice you have not kept me updated over the last week.I hope all is well,Mr. Next time you reach out to your contacts, be sure to steer clear from using just checking in.. In general, we can start an email with this when we want to know whether someone has anything more to report. Gauge their interest in achieving a goal you might have spoken about previously. So it's time you know it has gone cold and send out one last email announcing your breakup with the prospect. WebSometimes the best way to say just checking in is to just come out and say it. Describe a potential opportunity. Respond on social media. You can send an enthusiastic message requesting further conversation if youre willing to spend some extra time checking in on a friend. When someone is going through a hard time, it affects every corner of their life. I would like to know how youre getting on with it and whether you need help.Kind regards,Susanna. In your research, have you identified a potential opportunity for their company? Have a look. Sometimes they stall because they arent fully convinced that what youre offering is right for them. . How to say just checking in professionally Option #1: Stick to work-related questions Option #2: Use open-ended statements Option #3: Offer support Option #4: Schedule a meeting How to write a checking-in email for a business contact The wrong way to write a checking-in email The right way to check in with someone over email (Say I apologize for the inconvenience instead) No one likes excuses, and it puts you on the defense. Free and premium plans, Sales CRM software. You can even send a checking-in message just because you havent heard from someone in a while. Even if they cant meet up with you any time soon, theyll know youre available when they want to go out or just chat on the phone. Checking in is a term that has been taken over by social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. It never hurts to mention the connections you and your contact have in common as long as theyre relevant to the ongoing conversation. 2. To do so, you should definitely try these phrases. For example, call monitoring lets supervisors listen in on live agent-customer calls, and it gives them the ability to whisper directly to the agent with on-the-fly suggestions as well as the option of taking over the call completely when it makes good tactical sense. Would you like a demo? If youre not sure how to word your just checking in email or message, whether its to a work acquaintance or a close friend, the ideas below can help you get started. Send along an article that reminded you of them. As a writer for a popular blog (this one) and a freelance PR professional, I get follow-up emails regularly. If your goal is to impress your potential decision-maker, aka prospects, make them have a good time reading your email and want them to respond to you. Check how things are going as their contract with a competitor is winding down. List Of 30- Alternative Follow-up Strategies To "Just Checking In" Personal Check-ins. Read more about Martin here. Answer a question on an online forum. Reach out to a new C-level executive. You offered to put together a list of project ideas for further brainstorming. Leaders with your experience and knowledge bring valuable insight to the company.. 7 alternatives to just checking in (with examples) 1. If you had plans to get together with the person, and they had to cancel, you can check in to let them know theres no rush. What to say instead: Its better to use inclusive or motivating language that champions an individual employee or team, Liou suggests. Ask how they're planning to respond to new legislation. If you dont, think of one. i am calling. We follow a strict editorial process to provide you with the best content possible. for your reference. Warren. Sometimes the best way to say just checking in is to just come out and say it. Updates On Product/Services. Tip: If you're "just checking in" on a family member or friend because they recently lost someone, our post-loss checklist might be worth sharing. Here are some examples of how to send a follow-up email: Dear Hansen,I just wanted to follow up on my previous email. This means you have to make the message hyper-relevant to the specific person youre contacting, drawing on their specific needs, interests, and previous interactions with your company. ", "We're excited to share the new and improved website. Sharing your own story can be a very good way to focus on feelings, and the person youre talking to can follow your lead. OConnor, Dear Jerry,I just wanted to follow up in case you missed my last email. WebInstead of saying I just wanted to follow up, you can say can we schedule a follow-up on. This alternative works well when we want to set up a meeting to discuss matters. Use the request for a status update as a call-to-action, and make it time-sensitive so youre more likely to get a response. If its been a while since youve seen your friend or family member, you can let them know you miss talking to them and just wanted to say hello. Point out business weaknesses. I need an answer, already! Even when youre ultimately trying to get something, it can be helpful to give something useful as a lead-in. Please let me know if youre still interested.. If general questions might get a vague response, pinpointing various events or situations may encourage them to give you a heap of detail. I need an answer, already! Its important to reach out within the timeframe they stated, otherwise your window of opportunity might close prematurely. But you can go one step further by offering to help in any way you can. Learn more in our affiliate disclosure. Find out what to do and discover resources to help you cope. Your writing, at its best List Of 30- Alternative Follow-up Strategies To "Just Checking In" Personal Check-ins. (Helpful Examples)Follow Up On or Follow Up With? LinkedIn. Grammarly helps you communicate confidently Ten points to you for listening, and theyll be more likely to give you the news because youve targeted something in particular. An open-ended question like this can give up a lot of detail if people are willing to share their experiences. 7. Usage of any form or other service on our website is I would love to talk about the project youre working on. Be specific and to the point while doing so. She said your team is still looking for the right project management tool. The person might be waiting for someone to genuinely ask how theyre doing so that they can do a little venting. One important tool you can use to connect is social media. Just Checking in," which you typically consider "junk" unless something else catches your attention. ", "Hi, I came across [competitors name] performance increase, using [tool/services]. Ultimately, you have to be thoughtful and creative about how you reach out if you want to maximize your responses. When an email just wont cut it Keeping in touch with your contacts doesnt have to be an email-only affair, of 3. How to quit: Changing but to and helps you look for two positive outcomes, rather than looking for reasons you cant reach a goal or complete a task. By checking in on the people in your life, you also strengthen your bonds and your support circle for when you need a helping hand. go check. Have you figured out the best course of action?Yours,Damien, Dear Ms. Catford,I just wanted to follow up with you regarding the business at hand. But thats precisely the problem. ", "Hi, great job on the article you posted on Medium. If you could send the update by 5 p.m. today thatd be great. Have a look. I like to ask a follow up on how theyre really going, encouraging them to give more detail, including the good, the bad and even the ugly. She says it usually gets a smile, but it needs to be delivered in a way that isnt pushy or demanding. How do I not say just checking in? (Say I apologize for the inconvenience instead) No one likes excuses, and it puts you on the defense. If you don't, think of one. I was just thinking of you and wanted to say hi. High-level changes can indicate a change in strategy. By putting a greater emphasis on how you can help prospects achieve their goals, you can reframe how they think about their buying decision. i just wanna. Nothing induces a world-weary sigh from working professionals like a just checking in email. Let me know if you want me to extend your trial", "You are now eligible for our exclusive VIP Program. Then we could meet for a 15-minute video walk-through so you can see if [software] is the best solution for you. 11 Things To Say Instead Of Just Checking In Ive Been Thinking Of You Lately Id Love To Hear How Youre Doing, If You Want To Share Id Like To Hear How Youre Really Going How Are You Managing Things Right Now? How Have You Been Feeling Lately? So How Was This Year For You? How do you say just wanted to Just because they began working with a competitors product doesnt necessarily mean theyre in love with it either. Simply put, checking in means when you want to update your friends on your whereabouts or activity. Heres a quick comparison of using an email-focused approach vs more flexible methods of communication: For example, some clients may welcome the occasional phone call as a much-needed break from the monotony of responding to emails all day. Thats why we might use this phrase to ask how certain projects are unfolding. Maybe they missed your last email. Send a how-to guide. When we are vulnerable with others, they are more likely to reciprocate that vulnerability, Jackman says. Editor's note: This post was originally published in March 2019 and has been updated for comprehensiveness. Heres what to say instead of I just wanted to follow up in an email: In the rest of the article, well explain how to use each of the alternatives by providing email samples. Checking in is a term that has been taken over by social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Usually, however, these scenarios have two things in common: Any or all of the following situations all but necessitate a "just checking in" call or email: Its important to note that there will be times where you shouldnt just check in and thats when they arent actual qualified prospects, or when they have clearly asked to stop communicating. Next time you reach out to your contacts, be sure to steer clear from using just checking in. Id love to discuss your progress so far.Thank you,Mrs. Samuelsonif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'grammarhow_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_3',116,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0'); Youve seen the best ways to say I just wanted to follow up. So, its time to look at how to write a follow-up email with the phrase. Let me know if we can discuss this elaborately? I just want to follow up is synonymous with I just wanted to follow up. You can use either phrase to mix up your writing. . Sometimes you need to know where a project or task stands. Like RingCentral. I scheduled a meeting invite and haven't received any response from you. Nothing induces a world-weary sigh from working professionals like a just checking in email. Just Checking In Alternatives Send actionable advice. When an email just wont cut it Keeping in touch with your contacts doesnt have to be an email-only affair, of 3. It's a Sunday morning, and you're just waking up. Horace, How is it coming along works well in a follow-up email as another way of saying I just wanted to follow up.. Prospects will often ask for more time before they can make a decision or continue discussions with you. checking to see. Donkey, Do you have any updates on is one of the more popular choices on our list with alternatives to I just wanted to follow up.. In fact, these are probably the three best non-email alternatives to staying connected with your contacts: And if you can think of scenarios where any of these alternatives wouldve come in handy, then you should probably have a communication tool that gives you all three options. 5. I wanted to remind you about the trial period that ends by the weekend. It also gives them the option of an out; maybe theyre not feeling it right now, but it still contains the strong message that youre there for them, whenever theyre ready. Id love to hear how things are going with the Great Big Infographic design brief. How do I not say just checking in? Share a relevant industry article. If someone you know has just experienced the death of a loved one, you can check in on them and say sorry for your loss at the same time. I was making plans to attend the Great Big Event the weekend of July 7th and it occurred to me you might be interested in going. Keeping in touch with your contacts doesnt have to be an email-only affair, of course. Generally, there are two other variations you can use: Removing just allows you to sound formal and respectful. Hybrid work might be in your future. Then ask straightforwardly how the project is coming along. I re-shared it and wanted to convey my interest in person. Accept, How to Politely Say Just Checking In in a Formal Email, Just Checking In to See How Youre Doing Messages for a Friend or Family Member, How to Say Just Checking In On You After the Recipient Experienced a Loss or Tragedy. Then we could meet for a 15-minute video walk-through so you can see if [software] is the best solution for you. It happens. How to quit: Changing but to and helps you look for two positive outcomes, rather than looking for reasons you cant reach a goal or complete a task. Dont apologize for doing your job, apologize when it is merited. i just wanted to make sure. This alternative works well when we want to set up a meeting to discuss matters. If you suspect your contact has just forgotten about a project, offer some context in your message to jog their memory. If you feel like your friend or family member might be in some emotional distress, and the two of you are fairly close, you can let them know youre concerned with this type of message. Furthermore, when we use going on in this manner, were asking for more information about the current proceedings. Let them know. We saw your comment on X, not only do we have the answer youre looking for, but we have some additional resources youll find useful, as well.. Use the tips and examples covered in this post to help sharpen up your business communication. Invite the prospect to an upcoming webinar or educational event your company is hosting. In a polite or formal email, its often a good idea to let the person know the purpose of the message right away. Im free to help out wherever Im needed.Let me know what I can do,Mr. I loved seeing the photos you posted on social media! Although this is a perfectly good reason to check in via email, there are ways to avoid the just checking in language we all dread. Its been busy. To Mrs. Fredrickson,How is it all coming along? 2023 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. "Just checking in" is one of the most frustrating phrases for prospects to receive because they know it likely means more than just checking on their well-being. Hows Tuesday morning?. Ive just read this great blog post about [relevant topic] that I think youll find useful [link to post]. Ask whether newly created positions relevant to your product reflect new company initiatives strategic shifts indicate changing needs. Although this is a perfectly good reason to check in via email, there are ways to avoid the just checking in language we all dread. They (rightly) suspect that whoever wrote it wants something from them, but is hesitant about getting to the point. This isgreat news for small businesses; you might not be able to compete with huge companies when it comes to price, Small business, SMB communication, SMB employee experience, SMB productivity, Bring everyone and everything together on RingCentral. Example: Hey, [prospect name]. ", "Hi, I haven't heard from you all week. It also lets them know youre attentive to their words and worth their time. 11 Things To Say Instead Of Just Checking In Ive Been Thinking Of You Lately Id Love To Hear How Youre Doing, If You Want To Share Id Like To Hear How Youre Really Going How Are You Managing Things Right Now? How Have You Been Feeling Lately? So How Was This Year For You? How do you say just wanted to HubSpot uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. This lets the person know they've been on your mind, Anwar says. I saw [reference] achieve theirs through [tool/suggestion]. Last Friday, we talked about growth strategies over lunch, and you shared some thoughts. ", "Hi, Here is how to add video to your email. Furthermore, its good to set up meetings instead of receiving emails in most cases. 15. Here are a few ways to make sure your. are not protected by an attorney-client privilege and are instead governed by our Privacy Policy. This link will open in a new window. Next time you reach out to your contacts, be sure to steer clear from using just checking in. As a general rule, you want your messages to create a sense of urgency or excitement on part of the recipient. The fees for the advice of an attorney should not be compared to the fees of do-it-yourself online Lastly, check out some of these email samples to see how it works: Dear Sir,Do you need any support from me on the matters we discussed earlier? ", "Hi, are you still looking towards reaching X target? A quiz plugin like [your app] could be the answer to the conversion problem you mentioned. This will help you build a relationship as a trusted advisor with them. Differences & When to Use Them. I was hoping you could tell me how thats coming along? You might find them useful. Ill be happy to help you if youve managed to come across any issues.Thank you,Simone Woodbridgeif(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'grammarhow_com-leader-4','ezslot_17',115,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-grammarhow_com-leader-4-0'); Dear Mr. Dean,How are things coming? Its also worth reasserting your hopes that the project turns out to be a success and reminding them that youre available if they need any help. Hope all is well. While Guilt-tripping your prospects into responding to you is said to be the worst approach ever, it has its own benefits if done subtly and gets you responses. 100+ cold outreach email templates for every industry. If you havent spoken to the person in a while, its a kind gesture to offer to talk with them on the phone or just via email. WebOne of the most worthless things to say at the beginning of a call to a prospect or customer is Im just checking in with you. (The Probation Officer call.) This link will open in a new window. A check-in is an indirect request for our time or attention, and we find ourselves wishing the sender had gotten straight to the point (not unlike the classic I hope youre doing well email). WebThe rule of thumb for just checking in emails is essentially this: If you have a good reason to reach out or new value to provide, reach out. I just wanted to say "Hi" and see if there was anything we could do better? This link will open in a new window. checking to see. of an actual attorney. Next time you reach out to your contacts, be sure to steer clear from using just checking in. Share a relevant industry article. Case studies are a great way to help prospects visualize the success your product or service can bring them.

Famous Dave's Catfish Dipping Sauce, Articles W